1. Give away something other than candy. (Toothpicks,
golf balls, bags
of sand, etc.)
2. Wait behind the door until some people come. When they get
the door, jump out, wearing a costume, and holding a bag, and
"Trick or Treat!" Look at them, scratch your head, and act confused.
3. Fill a briefcase with marbles and crackers. Write on it,
in big letters. When trick-or-treaters come, look around suspiciously,
say, "It's about time you got here," give them the briefcase,
shut the door.
4. Get about 30 people to wait in your living room. When trick-or-treaters
come to the door, say, "Come in." When they do, have everyone
"Surprise!!!" Act like it's a surprise party.
5. Get everyone who comes to the door to come in and see if
figure out what's wrong with your dishwasher. Insist that it
unnatural "whirring" sound.
6. After you give them candy, hand the trick-or-treaters a bill.
7. Open the door dressed as a giant fish. Immediately collapse,
don't move or say anything until the trick-or-treaters go away.
8. When you answer the door, hold up one candybar, throw it
the street, and yell, "Crawl for it!"
9. When you answer the door, look at the trick-or-treaters,
and scared, and start screaming your head off. Slam the door
runaround the house, screaming until they go away.
10. Insist that the trick-or-treaters each do ten push-ups before
them any candy.
11. Hand out menus to the trick-or-treaters and let them order
candy. Keep asking if anyone wants to see the wine list.
12. Get a catapult. Sit on your porch and catapult pumpkins
who comes within 50 yards of your house.
13. When people come to the door, jump out a nearby window,
through the glass, and run as far away from your house as you
14. Answer the door dressed as a pilgrim. Stare at the trick-or-treaters
for a moment, pretend to be confused, and start flipping through
15. Instead of candy, give away colored eggs. If anyone protests,
explain that the eggs are the only thing you had left over from
16. Answer the door dressed as a dentist. Angrily give the
trick-or-treaters a two-hour lecture on tooth decay.
17. Answer the door with a mouthful of M & M's and several
candy bars in your hands. Act surprised, and close the door.
again in a few seconds, and insist that you don't have any candy.
18. Hand out cigarettes and bottles of asprin.
19. Put a crown on a pumpkin and put the pumpkin on a throne
porch. Insist that all of the trick-or-treaters bow before the
20. Dress up like a bunny rabbit. Yell and curse from the moment
open the door, and angrily throw the candy at the trick-or-treaters.
the door when you're finished.
[an error occurred while processing this directive]